Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Might Be Off Social Media For Good For This Motive: Report – Thebritishjournal

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are quitting Instagram, Twitter and other social media platforms—probably for good, a report says.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex had millions of followers in their old Sussex Royal account, which they stopped using after they stepped down as senior working royals and moved to California. A year after their royal exit, a source close to the couple told The Times of London that Prince Harry and Markle are “very unlikely” to have a social media presence again due to the “hate” they have received from online trolls.

The insider also told the outlet that the couple has “no plans” to use social media to promote the work of their nonprofit, Archewell Foundation.

However, another source told Page Six that the claim the Sussexes are abandoning social media for good is just “pure speculation.” Social media was a large part of Prince Harry and Markle’s lives, the report noted.

When they launched their own Instagram account in 2019, they broke records by reaching a million followers in just six hours, though the current record-holder is now “Harry Potter” star Rupert Grint. He gained 1 million followers on the platform in just four hours and one minute when he launched his account on Nov. 10 last year.

Markle has previously spoken about suffering “almost unsurvivable” online abuse.

“I’m told that in 2019, I was the most trolled person in the entire world, male or female,” she said on the “Teenager Therapy” podcast in October.

“For eight months of that, I wasn’t even visible. I was on maternity leave or with a baby, but what was able to be manufactured and churned out, it’s almost unsurvivable,” she added.

The hate comments didn’t stop even after Prince Harry and Markle resigned from their royal positions and settled down in California last year. When Markle opened up about her miscarriage in November, many sympathized with the duchess, but some questioned her motive for sharing the story four months after it happened.

“I’m sorry for their loss but why do they need to tell the world EVERYTHING about their lives. I know – BECAUSE THEY DON’T KNOW HOW TO MAKE MONEY ANY OTHER WAY THAN BEING IN THE SPOTLIGHT!  ME ME ME ME!!!” one commented on Twitter.

“Although that’s a heartbreaking situation… I agree with you. the person in question… looks for any way to exploit attention, public sympathy & money,” another user said, agreeing with those questioning Markle.

But some, including royal expert Myka Meier, were convinced that Markle would have another Instagram account after she and Prince Harry ditched their old one. However, unlike the Sussex Royal account, she speculated that it would be more like Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop account.

“I think Meghan is going to have another Instagram,” Meier said on “Royally Obsessed” in April. “I think she’s going to do a Goop, like a new version of The Tig … I really think that’s coming. I have a friend with a little bit of insider knowledge, and I think she’s already working on something.”

Meghan Markle, Prince Harry May Be Off Social Media For Good For This Reason: Report The British Journal Editors and Wire Services/ International Business Times.

Almost all The British Journal staff, including reporters, can be contacted by e-mail. In most cases the e-mail address follows this formula: first initial + last name + @thebritishjournal.com. For example, Laura F. Nixon is [email protected]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.